Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 08:22PM

I got my tonsils out last week and had my septum straightened out at the same time and ive been in a lot of pain for atleast nine days and im still hurting. Long story short she hasnt left me alone this entire time acting like she wants to help me then as i always predict the conversion goes religious and im in hella pain this entire time and thats not helping either. Told her if she keeps pushing she will push me over the edge and she almost has. I am trying desperately to get my self esteem back i dont know how mormons have the ability to make you not want to live anymore but they pull it off somehow. They get when you are down liking recovering from a painful surgery. I told her to back off several times and she wouldnt she thinks she is helping me but she isnt i need some advice i havent been able to see my counselor since the surgery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 08:25PM

Lock your door and don't answer it. Don't pick up the phone when she calls. If she jumps you in the driveway as you're going out, don't acknowledge her and just keep moving. Do not engage. Big mistake.

If being polite to this woman is eroding your self worth, you need to stop being polite. Don't be rude but stop being polite.

Hope you feel better soon.

Date: August 25, 2017 08:30PM

Ok dont engage got it thanks.

Posted by: gordo7 ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:29PM

++

Posted by: roman ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 08:51PM

badass, you don't need help so much to let a nut in the door. Nuts dont know how to screw. If you think this nut will ever turn into a screw, you're wrong.

It could be a sexual metaphor, but it's not. ;)

"Don't engage" the nut is a very good rule. Don't feel bad for not engaging the nut. This nut wants to be paid for her services, in the form of reactivating you, feather in her glory cap, heaven and/or earth.

Her price is WAY too high. Chat with us; we're free. We don't care if you're a little druggy right now, we care about you getting better.

Date: August 25, 2017 10:20PM

You made a very good point i think this is about putting a feather in her glory cap and being paid for her services.

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 08:55PM

Is your doctor aware that you are still having such bad pain? If not, you need to call his/her office. There might be something that will help.

Date: August 25, 2017 09:50PM

Im on the most hydrocodone they are willing to give.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:10PM

As one who also uses it for hideous pain (due to arthritic degeneration in my back), I have found that the best way to prevent OD is to KEEP A WRITTEN RECORD!!!

Every time I take a dose, I log the date, time, and the amount that I took. And before taking any more, I consult the medicine log. I'm allowed to take it every 8 hours, but I have never done that. I stretch it to 12 hours or more. Currently, it's been more than a week.

I use less potent medications, and I find that heat (as in hot-tub or my heated mattress pad) is a highly under-rated marvel.

And while it wouldn't help with your tonsils, I find that OTC Tiger Balm helps a lot with my pain, too. I apply talcum powder liberally over it to prevent it sticking to clothing or bedding. (It STAINS.)

Hang in there, Bro badass!! It WILL get better!!

Date: August 25, 2017 10:24PM

I too make a written log of when i take my medicines to keep track it helps quite a bit to do that just wish the medicine didnt make me so loopy or tired.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 11:04PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I too make a written log of when i take my
> medicines to keep track it helps quite a bit to do
> that just wish the medicine didnt make me so loopy
> or tired.

While it is absolutely possible to OD on the hydrocodone itself, the more pressing threat, as you probably know, is an acetaminophen OD. Watch out for acetaminophen in any other product you may be taking.

Date: August 25, 2017 11:44PM

Oh crap i take about two tylenols a day is that too much with the hydrocodone.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:22AM

badassadam Wrote:
> Oh crap i take about two tylenols a day is that
> too much with the hydrocodone.

I'm assuming you had no pre-existing liver condition. If you do, the normal limits may not apply.

Check the labels on your medications, but I'm guessing that your hydrocodone is 7.5 [hydrocodone] / 325mg. [acetaminophen].

Your Tylenol tablets, if regular strength, are probably 325 mg., but check your labels.

If there are, indeed, 325 milligrams of acetaminophen in each dose of your liquid hydrocodone, and 325mg, acetaminophen in each tablet, you should be fine with what you're taking. Space the meds out so that you're not getting more than 1,000 mg. of acetaminophen in any four-hour period.

The adult maximum daily dosage of acetaminophen is between three and four grams( 3,000 and 4,000 mg.) depending upon your size and your level of food consumption while taking the medication. When you're not eating much, hepatoxicity occurs at lower levels, but still probably not lower than 3 grams if you're otherwise healthy.

You could take up to six doses of the liquid hydrocodone 7.5/325 along with two 325 mg Tylenol tablets or capsules and still be at 2,600 daily. As long as you're spacing the meds out and not taking more than 1,000 mg. of acetaminophen each four hours, you should be OK.(I'm not suggesting that you take six doses of the liquid hydrocodone if your doctor has prescribed fewer, but from a hepatoxicity standpoint, you're OK.)

Once again, check the labels on your medications as different strengths are available.

Also check labels of any other over-the-counter products you may be taking. Most Excedrin preparations contain acetaminophen. Some cold remedies do as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 12:24AM by scmd.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:36AM

The tablets im taking have 650mg each and you are right about the hydrocodone dosage. I may have to be more careful cause i think i took the tablets about 4 hours apart.

Date: August 26, 2017 04:02AM

badassadam Wrote:
> The tablets im taking have 650mg each and you are
> right about the hydrocodone dosage. I may have to
> be more careful cause i think i took the tablets
> about 4 hours apart.

You might want a slightly lower dosage of acetaminophen. Most males can safely metabolize the 3,250 mg. of acetaminophen daily that you're presently taking if spaced to no more than 1000 mg in four hours, but cutting it down to a total of 3,000 is safer. You would be better off with a bit more hydrocodone if you had to have it. You can also ask your doctor about an NSAID to supplement your hydrocodone for pain if your stomach can handle it.

Date: August 26, 2017 04:04AM

I take 100mg of celebrex thats an nsaid right?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:07PM

You don't owe her an explanation for not wanting to converse with her.

Don't feel guilty about it. You'll feel better for putting your foot down and telling her to scram.

She sounds like a busybody. She may be well meaning or not.

Don't be afraid to be rude if you must.

Date: August 25, 2017 09:53PM

She is the definition of a busybody i think im the only person thats ever told to back the hell off she told me that herself that i taught her how to back off but she doesnt f'n back off.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:09PM

Tell her you read that in the early church women gave blessings to the sick. Ask her to give you a healing blessing.

Date: August 25, 2017 10:00PM

Jesus im not sure how that would go over.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:26PM

I wish I were answering your door for a day.

Date: August 25, 2017 09:55PM

Or answering my phone she is relentless with the calling i would give anything for you to answer my phone cause its hard for me to even talk right now it actually hurts to talk.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 09:51AM

Block her number, Badassadam!

Date: August 26, 2017 12:00PM

I dont know how to block her number on my cell phone i am kind of technology illiterate.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:04PM

Find the sexiest woman's voice you can to put a message on your voicemail. "Adam can't come to the phone right now. He's busy."

That'll drive her bonkers lol.

Date: August 25, 2017 09:46PM

Adam, I wouldn't want to deal with her bullshit when I was in perfect health, much less immediately following a septoplasty and tonsillectomy (adenoidectomy also?). You know that she has ulterior motives and isn't really there to help. Unless she is providing for you a service that is essential and that no one else will provide, I'm with Cate S.: lock your door, don't acknowledge her in your driveway or even make direct eye contact, etc.

I should not give medical advice over the Internet and neither you should take it, as anyone can say he's a physician or surgeon in an anonymous forum. That having been said, it's probably OK for me to regurgitate the most general of recommendations such as info you might find on WebMD or even Wikipedia. Still please take it with the caveat that is intended and prudent. You should be through the worst of the pain, but it's typical to still be feeling it. If the pain is still close to what you experienced on Day 1 or Day 2, you should see your health care provider. Above all, stay hydrated. Don't be afraid to take pain meds as prescribed/directed. A stool softener might not be a bad idea if you're taking a narcotic pain reliever, but you probably don't want to take any stimulant laxative [or even Miralax, a non-stimulant] unless you're doing so under the advice or guidance of your health care provider, as you probably do not want anything in your body that is going to work against its ability to absorb and to maintain appropriate water. It's always a good idea to maintain hydration, but probably more important for you under present circumstances than it will ever be.

Date: August 25, 2017 09:59PM

Yea staying hydrated enough has been difficult and i do think an adenoidectomy was done also im not completely positive on that one.

Date: August 25, 2017 10:59PM

badassadam Wrote:
> Yea staying hydrated enough has been difficult and
> i do think an adenoidectomy was done also im not
> completely positive on that one.

I assume your surgeon told you that dehydration can cause the scabs to come off before you're adequately healed, which will lead to bleeding and a need for cauterization. You don't want any of that. Push the fluids.

Date: August 25, 2017 11:46PM

Gotcha will do ill keep on pushing it.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:11PM

Badass, you must tell directly NOT to come over to your house. Tell her, "Do not come over here again, I find your presence and conversations painful." Then walk away and close (not slam) the door.

If she comes over again tell her this, "I've asked you not to come over and harass me. You have 5 seconds to leave. If you don't leave in 5 seconds, I'll call the police and file a restraining order." Then pick up a phone. If she doesn't leave, call the cops.

Sorry, Adam, but if she's a sociopath this is the best way to get rid of her. Boner

Date: August 25, 2017 10:27PM

Thanks boner i have entertained the thought of calling the cops today but i havent.

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 11:03PM

Color me paranoid, but beyond the religious harassment angle, could this persistent lady be trying to get access to your home so she can steal your pain meds?

Screen her calls and ignore the door (draw the blinds, whatever).

Hope your health takes a turn for the better quickly.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:27AM

I see where you are going with this and i dont think she wants pain meds but is just obsessed with me im not the worst looking guy on the planet so i think she might just want me it sounds really weird but i dont rule it out this has gone beyond religious in my opinion.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:30AM

badassadam Wrote:
> I see where you are going with this and i dont
> think she wants pain meds but is just obsessed
> with me im not the worst looking guy on the planet
> so i think she might just want me it sounds really
> weird but i dont rule it out this has gone beyond
> religious in my opinion.

It sounds as though know that you can do better, which is great. She sounds like a tumor in human form, which you don't need.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:39AM

A tumor or a leech or a relentless mesquito or fly.

Date: August 26, 2017 04:03AM

badassadam Wrote:
> A tumor or a leech or a relentless mesquito or
> fly.

She may be more of an annoyance factor than a genuine threat to you well-being.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:03PM

You are probably right about that but being annoyed over and over when im not yet recovered from surgery totally is getting old.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 11:13PM

Answering machine:

"Hello, this is Adam. Please leave a message unless you are in any way affiliated with the Mormon Church. Be warned that any who persist will be subject to a state protective (or restraining) order."

Don't return their call. Don't get into the ring with them.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:24AM

Gotcha you have more experience in this than i do i will not get in the ring with them from now on. I still dont have a voicemail set up on my phone yet haha.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 12:31AM

Sorry you're in so much pain. The only real virtue is to be true to yourself. That means if you've left Mormonism you're on the mend.

Just because the inmates are running the asylum doesn't mean they're not inmates. Their unhealthy attachment to Mormonism has driven them stone cold crazy. You're the sane one.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:44AM

Thank you that gives me peace because i do feel like im more the sane one at this point. I wasnt healthy at all when i was around that craziness in the past but they always try to aggravate me and bring back to the craziness.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 12:42AM

CaLL 911. Feel better. This too shall pass.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:46AM

It would totally blow her mind if i called the police but i will do it if she keeps persisting im not ruling it out.

Date: August 26, 2017 01:02AM

So she's not the overly doting mother type, but someone closer to you in age that possibly has a crush on you?

That could liven things up. Or is it possible she just wants to be friends?

Date: August 26, 2017 03:16AM

She is 47 with 9 kids but she has hit on me in the past about 4 years ago.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 01:53AM

My neighbor is a handsome university professor. He went to a class reunion, with his wife, who had terminal cancer, and was in a wheel chair. They were accosted by one of professor's classmates, whom he had met only once before, and she stick with them, for the entire reunion.

True story. That classmate watched the obituaries, every day, and them showed up at the professor's wife's funeral. I saw her over at his house almost every day, bringing casseroles, taking his laundry in and out. She even cleaned his house for him. My other neighbor and I warned him about this woman, as she had a reputation of being a "funeral-monger", which is what we called single women who stalk widowers.

When my professor neighbor broke his leg, he was easy prey. The stalker actually moved into his house, and spent the night, "taking care of him." Professor was in the Stake High Council, and for appearances, stalker lady would hide her car in his garage. (Yes, my other neighbor and I are nosey--we admit it!)

End it now. Mormons do not take subtle hints. You must be ruder than you would like to be--well out of your comfort zone--but most important, you need to repeat, repeat, repeat, over, and over, and over again. Choose a few words, such as, "I don't want to talk to you.", and repeat that same sentence. Say it on the phone, and hang up. Leave a note on your front door. Do not be polite. Do not smile. Do not sign the note.

It ended badly for my professor neighbor--he married her! He never did get rid of her. She convinced him to stop seeing his friends, and to completely dis-own his children, She us one of the nastiest, ugliest people I've ever met. Some people don't deserve to be treated politely.

Get well, soon! Nurses say that when patients start complaining, that is a sign they are getting better!

I agree that you should call your doctor about your pain. Often, a doctor or nurse will give you an official printed notice to hang on your front door, setting rules for your much-needed privacy.

Date: August 26, 2017 03:25AM

Holy sh#t i knew that mormons prey on people but that is some scary stuff and i feel you are absolutely right she will not get the picture if i dont keep repeating myself i have just been too tired and hurting to do so but i got to do something or i will never have a normal life if i dont set some serious boundaries with EVERYBODY. I am starting to see the patterns and exact behaviors of the mormons its no wonder i could never fit in when i actually gave the religion an honest second chance but that was a horrible mistake.

Date: August 26, 2017 09:38AM

My dad was pursued by a woman like this when my stepmother died. She had worked with step-mom in the same primary care facility, and set her eyes on my dad.

Post funeral she was quick as lightning to go after dad. He married her, but it didn't last very long as soon as he realized there wasn't anything there.

After a few months they divorced.

This professor guy sounds like he was blitzed. Sad that he traded his children's affections for hers. She sounds like a witch.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 03:40AM

Explicit: Tell her that she can help you...you are not feeling great, in bed and on your back. She can take off her clothes and get on top of you. That will help relieve your pain.

She will either do it or be so disgusted that she never wants to talk with you again. Either way, problem(s) solved. Thank me later.

Date: August 26, 2017 03:57AM

Explicit: sadly enough she would probably go for that and get on top of me im not even joking she hit on me in the past and things almost got completely out of control and that was 4 years ago and she is married but i know she is miserable you know how the mormon life goes. She said she sees me as one of her kids but you dont hit on your kids.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 01:16PM

OK, my bad. Yikes. I'd tell her to leave you alone (and tell her husband that you told her to leave you alone.)

Date: August 26, 2017 09:34AM

A married woman with nine children would logically have no time at all to be checking on you persistently.

If she's hit on you before, that sounds to me like it's her motivation now.

Maybe she feels trapped in a lousy marriage. She herself sounds like she contributes to the malaise.

My advice based on what you've described is to cut the ties with her completely. You need to protect yourself. Tell her in no uncertain terms if she continues to bother you that you will seek a restraining order.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:09PM

The nine kids is a false front they all wildly raise themselves while she sits back and lives like a queen as a stay at home mom.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 09:44AM

Badassadam, with nine kids this woman should have more than enough on her plate. You don't have to respond when she rings your doorbell or knocks on the door. If she calls, refuse to answer and block the number. Disengage!

Give your doctor's office a call about the pain. Ask if it's normal to still be in pain after X number of days. Also, cold items might continue to help -- ice cream, milkshakes, etc. How about an ice pack on your throat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 10:21AM by summer.

Posted by: tutu ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 10:02AM

Maybe.....
"ask him if his wife is ok?" You're concerned about her. And mention how often she visits you/calls you.

Ask if she is bored? Ask if she always is so helpful?

Maybe he can rein her in..........

And put out a "Do Not Disturb" sign. It works....trust me.

K

Date: August 26, 2017 12:13PM

The last time i talked to her i asked her if she ever had a psych evalution and it was dead silence and im like you havent have you. Told her ive had ton of evaluations since exiting out of the religion and i was batshit crazy with mormon beliefs at the biggining and they further i got away the more sane i became. And her husband haaaates me because she confessed how she tried to seduce me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 12:14PM by badassadam.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:17PM

The last thing you don't need now or any other time in your life is to be part of a lovers triangle.

That is a surefire way to implode.

That woman needs to get counseling. She's her own worst enemy.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:22PM

I told her straight up to get a psych evaluation and counseling but she thinks shes gods little helper and is justified in all her actions and that there couldnt possibly be anything wrong with her she can not face it.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 11:57AM

Tell her
"Get the f^&% out of my face and life!!!

Date: August 26, 2017 01:28PM

Adam, did you ever work at Costco in Pocatello as a gas attendant?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.