Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 01:46AM

I realized this today as i talked to my counselor. I have been through a lot in life but that doesn't necessarily mean i can help people. I see what had happened to me and i know it is happening to others out there and i don't want others to end up like me or end up dead because of the mormon church. I know there are a lot of people that got destroyed by this church, more than i even know. It is just a feeling. Yea i don't know what i can really do i don't even feel like a normal authentic human being yet. I just hope things get better quickly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 01:58AM

I guess I help people showing that I love them.
I got a lot of ups and downs in my life and I met great people but also a lot of douchebags.
So I guess I know how people feel in some sad situations and I give them the best advice I know.
And also I appreciate a lot better the good people after having some douchebags as "friends".
I don't know all the answers, but I help with the things I know.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 07:51AM

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 11:41AM

Those old dudes have empathy?

Posted by: frankly ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 08:36AM

Most everyone is capable of being emotionally supportive, and that is called helping them.

It's the opposite of being a self-absorbed prick who gets kicks out of hurting others for his own amusement.

You don't have to be a professional comedian to make people laugh, a doctor or nurse to offer comfort, or a rocket scientist to have a good idea.

One helps people by being authentically kind, not sarcastically cruel.

I've noticed a couple of things about you, badass. You are quick to anger, but also quick to forgive. You empathize with the pain of others. You rail against injustice.

Just being yourself is helpful to others. It's not about what you know. It's about being there.

Date: October 24, 2017 10:11AM

I am quick to anger and i can not stand the injustice that i have seen in life you got that right. A LOT of things still bother me every single day.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 08:54AM

Steve Bensen LOL!

Date: October 24, 2017 10:16AM

I wonder if the GAs even have the ability to care, like for real. Or have those gears been stripped away a long time ago. They have always seemed pretty emotionless from what i have seen. I guess as long as that money keeps coming in it doesn't matter to them.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 11:38AM

I see them as sharks in business suits.

Not a whole lot of difference between them and Wall Street bankers.

They remind me of the CEO's of major corporations. Their primary focus is not on governing the church - they have lay people to do that for them. It's running a business empire. Most of their backgrounds are in business - and were considered highly successful in lucrative careers before signing on as GA's.

So yeah, it's business to them. The members are merely numbers in one huge Ponzi scheme.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 25, 2017 01:15AM

They are not like you, if they help someone is because it is a "duty to god" (so TBM's will think "Oh, how good are our GA's") and for showing of good is the so-called restored gospel (so other people will become TBM's and will give "the famous 10%"), not because they love people, that's why they always seemed pretty emotionless.
GA's are like politicians, their actions are based on speculations.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 12:11PM

You can speak to them of your experiences and show them that other choices are available. You can do this without ADVISING them. You can say to them "This is how I did it. I cannot advise you to do it the same but it is a manner of doing."
You will have advised no one yet show a possible path.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 12:12PM by desertman.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 09:33PM

There are a lot if injustices in the world unfortunately it sucks :( And YA I wonder if they have the ability to care as well. My guess is they probably don't cause if they did then I have NO idea how they live with themselves. Knowing there ruining families and relationships And to take money from the very people who worship them and trust them. Knowing how this cult is harming so many people but only caring about getting there money....ya I don't get it its pretty bad

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 09:49PM

Before you an truly know someone, you should know yoursel Before you can heal anyone, you need to start healung yourself. Before being a friend to someone else, be a friend to yourself.
We need to love ourselves, care for ourselves, know ourselves, grow ourselves, forgive ourselves.

Date: October 25, 2017 01:31AM

I think you are right.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.