Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 01:39PM

I've heard of all sorts of fetishes and paraphilias but I don't understand what motivated Joseph Smith. Ephebophilia coupled with pregnancy?

I don't get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_fetishism

https://drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/virgin-on-the-ridiculous-a-brief-look-at-harmatophilia-and-parthenophilia/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 01:40PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 01:46PM

Consider the old adage, "Rape isn't about sex. Rape is about power." (BTW) I think that is somewhat true, but not the complete explanation.) Now apply that to celestial sex and the desire for "exaltation." The practice of, or the hope for, power--here or in the afterlife--explains a lot.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 02:04PM

Hey, c'mon now, do you personal pleasure or do you want to populate your planet!? It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

Seriously, though, I think it's simply a need for power and TSCC gave that power of "I am a god" to men with a huge family; I've seen it more than once and am of the opinion that many mormon men, who appear to be mellow and calm, actually act that way because deep inside they have been conditioned to "survay their kingdom"...

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 04:12PM

Indeed. It's not about eroticism. It stems from the same primal urges that have been part of us since the monkey days and before, whcih is the drive to maximally spread one's own gene pool to the detriment of others'. That is why Mormonism is such a hierarchical, dominant-male based system. It's all about the top males getting to spread their genes as far as they can while simultaneously preventing every other male from getting the chance. Warren Snow, anyone? His victim certainly never go the chance to spread his genes around.

Posted by: captainklutz ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 04:25PM

You mean it's not simply about getting ones jollies?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 12:32AM

No, it's not. Teenagers on a Saturday night do it to get their jollies. After a certain age, you become quite aware of the power factor as well. That in itself adds to the "jollies", but it is a separate sensation to simply doing the deed. The sense of power is itself a strong emotion.

Posted by: Kolob Kommand ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 04:24PM

Date: April 08, 2018 10:58PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 04:59PM

The secret 'ingrediant' to celestial ghawdhood is that every single spermatoza produced by a ghawd has wings AND eternal life. And they all know to whom you're married...

So you'll only have to wack off once every millennia, which is still an awful lot of wacking off over even just one eternity.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 09:17PM

depends on how horny you are!!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 09:38PM

In Mormon theology, is there a time frame for gestation of "spirit children"?

And then it begs to be ask, do Mormons believe that God is out side of time, which, if they do, makes the above question moot.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 10:53PM

The great and grand secret is this:

Just like the queen bee in a beehive, once a perfected man maies his "deposit" each celestial queen is eternally pregnant.

Hence the need for infine celestial queens to satisfy perfected men.

Posted by: archimedes ( )
Date: April 08, 2018 10:52PM

That doctrine always seemed super creepy to me. I'm sure this scenario would be attractive to the old hardliner polygamists but c'mon, we're out of the 4th century now, aren't we?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 12:43AM

Let me impregnate them and then I will return and report.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 12:56AM

We need to hear from The Boner on this one...

Date: April 09, 2018 01:02AM

Posted by: 2 tired 2 log in ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 01:05AM

It's not the impregnating, it's all that child support.

Deadbeat dad Elohim is way behind on his child support payments (witness all the filth and squalor many have to live in), so the gods above him have sued to repossess his universe; while the God Multiverse Superior Court sorts itself out, maintenance and upkeep has gone into the toilet, which is why the earth has been such a s***ty place for so many millennia.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 01:35AM

What better reward can a man be offered in this life than to have sex forever with as many different women as he can possibly handle in the next life? Unlimited godly powers and unlimited sex with women who have perfected bodies restored to their youth. You can sign me up for that, if only it were true. Especially if I am going to have the stamina of a god and godly powers to support all of those offspring.

Don't forget ladies, pain in child birth is an earthly curse imposed on Eve and her posterity when her and Adam were kicked out of the garden of eden. That curse will be removed. Also, it is unlikely that your husband will experience any erectile dysfunctions then. You'll be rode hard and put away wet every time... if only it were true.

For those who were brainwashed by the church to believe that sex is unpleasant, you could always opt to go to the Terrestial kingdom instead. Of course it's all a hoax anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 01:39AM by azsteve.

Date: April 09, 2018 12:28PM

I suppose the worst is part is when millions of your precious spirit children become fence-sitters and you change them from looking like Chris Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson to...well, pretty much anyone who isn't Northern European.

As you curse them you say: "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you."

Date: April 09, 2018 12:36PM

The other possibility: what if you and your Heavenly Mother get your new planet and you're both like, "Well, we don't need a really huge family", so instead of billions of spirit babies, you only pop out a few hundred thousand and your planet is nicely balanced with flora and fauna. PLUS, you actually show up once in a while to prove you exist, so they don't have to take it "on faith.".

Are you gong to get in trouble for slacking with your sponsor God? You know, the next diety up the Amway/Mormon line? I mean, it's *your* planet, right? Who's gonna tell you different? It would suck to get your own planet and have to answer to the COB in Kolobian Salt Lake City and the Celestial Correlation Committee.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 03:54PM

Not sure about the question.

For many of us, sex simply feels good. Doesn’t have to be erotic, doesn’t have to be about power.

Not sure why it’s so hard to discuss that sex can feel good.

Does eating good food have to be erotic or about power?

Of course, heaven likely won’t happen.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 04:53PM

I don't have to impregnate them...just watch them walk around in yoga pants :)

Posted by: I know ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 04:56PM

Pffft...no doubt..especially hot women. Sends shivers down my spine.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 05:01PM

It would be fun for a while. But eternity? Hmmm... Would I at least get vacation time?

My biggest problem would be learning the names of all my progeny. I'd have to write their names on their foreheads in celestial invisible ink.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 08:12PM

Pregnancy is different in the Celestial Kingdom of course. The women don't gain weight and the child will be born in one day

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 11:08PM

just kidding, of course...

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: April 10, 2018 02:47AM

Never could figure this one out myself. I am quite happy with one DW. I honestly don't see how having more than one DW could do anything but diminish the happiness I have now. Polygamy me thinks is more about trying to get a lot of sex sex without learning how to develop deep relationship s.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 10, 2018 07:41PM

You don't get it?

Well you'll be getting it forever if you get to the CK!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 10:43AM

Maybe the reason some prayers aren't answered is because ghawd is too 'busy' at the time such prayers are uttered to take the necessary action?

I think it's too much to expect that ghawd and climax and chew bubble gum at the same time, much less all the other ghawdly stuff that he's involved in... There's this room he has, which sense when he's closed the door from the inside of that room, and a beacon starts pulsing: "Do Not Disturb!" Ghawd doesn't want to be seen shagging...

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 11:42AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the reason some prayers aren't answered is
> because ghawd is too 'busy' at the time such
> prayers are uttered to take the necessary action?
>
> I think it's too much to expect that ghawd and
> climax and chew bubble gum at the same time, much
> less all the other ghawdly stuff that he's
> involved in... There's this room he has, which
> sense when he's closed the door from the inside of
> that room, and a beacon starts pulsing: "Do Not
> Disturb!" Ghawd doesn't want to be seen
> shagging...

I have actually thought about this. Gawd has been too distracted to help people because he's too 'busy' with the ladies. The evidence of a distracted gawd is pretty significant.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 11:46AM

This doesn't appeal to me at all. One woman would be more than enough. You have to factor in everything on top of just the sex. Can you imagine being nagged by millions of women to take out the garbage? F####ck that racket.

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 11:34AM

When those stuttering words were croaked “IIIII don’t know that we - teach that”. It was in the grand tradition of plausible deniability used by many a no-good to dodge responsibility. But you know, just because there’s a difficulty in getting hard evidence that contradicts such shirking it doesn’t mean it’s beyond proving.

All those TBMs who remember what exaltation used to mean and god as a perfected man etc. Yes there’s no smoke without fire.

May I also draw attention to a now doctrinally out of date book by a former editor of the Ensign, Chris Kimball Bigelow. Yes the book is not LDS published. But really, all these people somehow held false doctrines? I’ve highlighted the nonsense relevant to this thread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10MN2yRa3Su0jp2oHBnPvab7jLQh9zAMG

So, what we are talking about here is siring spirit children whilst having “a body of flesh and bones as tangible as mans” but in exaltation - and Mormons don’t understand why other religions don’t view them as Christian. Let alone that the Mormon Jesus supposedly said to Smithy-TossPot that “he should join none of the churches because they were all wrong”. I don’t think he actually heard correctly!

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 11:55AM

Idunno. An entire harem? Sounds like a lot of work.

Posted by: archimedes ( )
Date: April 11, 2018 12:35PM

Read Orson Pratt's "The Seer." It is super creepy. Although he was only speaking "as a man" at the time I'm sure.

This kind of doctrine might have worked in the days of the Pratts and Brother Brigham but it's the sort of thing the church doesn't want talked about these days. It is still there, however, in the institutionalized memory and mental makeup of the church leadership.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.