Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: danr ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 11:09AM

There are around 2,000 resignations awaiting processing in the church file. The average in a normal week is around 500 that are awaiting processing. Hopefully that number will keep rising as more people hear about it.

I think that Sam did it the right way, and he was able to do the most damage to the church by making them excommunicate him instead of him resigning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 11:19AM by danr.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 11:23AM

Think of the 'ripple effect' by even one resigning. It effectively works to keep out future generations by virtue of a single resignation as it extends down to posterity.

The more resign, a domino effect occurs by more resigning. :)

I still don't understand why someone bothers to go through with it. It's too much bother IMO. Unless Sam Young is a true believing diehard with a grievance. As he can see it only backfired on him because he was ex'd. No one really cares what people like him think. Unless you tow the mark 100%, you're an apostate in Mormonese.

What a load of crock it all is.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 01:53PM

Never deny the church an opportunity to screw itself.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 11:28AM

I believe it worked just like he knew it would. He brought attention to the horrible subject and now even people around the country know about mormonism's secret. It is a disgusting secret and he brought it out in the open. Good for him!!!! Just by what he said in his statement to the excommunication group, he was on his way out. He doesn't believe it anymore. He went out with a bang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 11:28AM by cl2.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 11:39AM

In the Salt Lake Tribune article aired the other day.

“They have shown their true colors,” he said of Latter-day Saint leaders. “The verdict is all about them and their power structure. They sent down the edict to protect themselves rather than to protect our precious children. They continue to mandate one-on-one interviews where sexually explicit questions are approved and facilitated.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/09/16/mormon-church/

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 12:14PM

Source, please

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 12:25PM

Sam is my hero! My husband of 11 years still feels like sex is dirty because of how he was raised.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 02:08PM

I know how your husband feels.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 12:28PM

Where do these numbers come from? I'm very skeptical of any thing that states facts about Mormonism's books. They silo information so effectively.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 12:52PM

https://quit mormon.com/ queueTimes

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 02:07PM

I think this was a real chink in the armor and that is why I am paying attention. Fighting to free the kids from the abuse of that operation in any way is a huge deal to me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.