Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catholicrebel ( )
Date: February 23, 2019 05:17PM

Now, I am in therapy for PTSD from my abusive marriage to a narcissist. The divorce was finalized at the end of January. He didn’t even show up for the hearing. Anyway, the point is I feel like I’ve had major set backs in my feelings of depression and my progress in healing which will definitely come up in my next session. However, I just needed to vent. My friend who was ex-communicated and then came back to the Church just got sealed. She was married civilly as they call it for six years and finally got clearance to be sealed again as she was married and sealed one time before. She didn’t invite me to the sealing and I know as a non-member I can’t enter the Temple except for the waiting room but she invited other non-members (never were members though) and I feel slightly hurt. This never would have hurt me before but now with the PTSD I feel I’m the worse I’ve ever been. I feel like she’s lost the humility she gained when she was exed and is now back to being a “better than” and sees me as less than her. This of course could be my PTSD flairing up. I just feel hurt because I wanted to be there even if I had left. Now, she finds it crazy the Catholic Church is willing to deem my marriage invalid and annul it according to Church standards but doesn’t find it crazy her previous sealing in the Temple could be canceled and she can be sealed to another man. She also doesn’t find it crazy her children “sealed under the covenant” don’t have to be sealed to her current spouse for them to enjoy eternity together. I’m all up in my feelings for no reason but just getting it out helps me heal from all this weight I’m carrying. Thanks for “listening”.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 23, 2019 05:19PM

((((HUGS)))))
CatholicRebel

PTSD is brutal. Glad you are getting help for it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 23, 2019 05:41PM

Yes, I imagine that your friend excluding you from all aspects of her sealing would be hurtful and would add to your unhappiness. It's possible that she felt that you would not want to have anything to do with the church.

The process of Catholic annulment does often seem very odd to non-Catholics. Heck, I was raised Catholic, and it seems odd to me! But if she mentions that to you again, you can just tell her that Mormon temple customs seem equally strange to you.

Posted by: not logged in today ( )
Date: February 23, 2019 06:31PM

If your friend's kids were BIC to Hubz #1, I'm not sure they can simply transfer automatically over to her Hubz #2. Kids were certainly locked into #1 during the 6-yr civil period, and the patriarchy being what it is, I think #1 retains his eternal rights to them, especially since she had been exed.

Not that any of it matters of course, it's all make-believe; but her confidence is unfounded even by her own church's standards.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 23, 2019 09:13PM

Hello Rebel,

I am sorry your feelings were hurt and that you were left out.

Are you sure you want to continue as friends with this person? As they say, with friends like that, who needs enemies!

I cut off everyone in the church and don't answer the knocks at the door so they can't hurt me anymore. Can you do that?

I hope you can feel better soon and not let them hurt you again!!!

I second Angela's HUGS to you!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.