Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 10:58AM

Prolific author and podcaster Chad and new wife Lori gave false statement to the investigators about the children's whereabouts. Lori's husband Charles was killed by her brother, Alex. Later Alex died mysteriously. Chad's wife, Tammy also died and her body later exhumed.

Lots of questions to be answered.

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/20/rexburg-police-fbi-searching-for-missing-children-possibly-connected-to-suspicious-death/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2019 10:58AM by Twinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 22, 2019 11:01AM

Chad and Lori are contributors to "Preparing a People-for the second coming of Jesus Christ"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/preparing-a-people-podcast-network/id1269331697

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: December 23, 2019 01:18PM

My sister in law has been a Prepper follower of Julie Rowe and some of these names. Out of curiosity I listened to some of their Preparing a People podcasts. This Daybell guy can really use a comforting church voice to tell his stories. I wonder if these guys believe their own lies or are just in it for the money.

Mormonism breeds this mentality. There will always be end-times con artists associated with it.

Posted by: cl2 not logged in ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 01:23PM

Sounds like these people are just sending others onto their greater glory like Jim Jones was. He said it would be so much better when they got to the other side.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 01:45PM

How absolutely, disturbingly bizarre. . .

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 05:12PM

Chad is a BIC, RM, BYU graduate, temple-married, father of a bunch...

He's had two of those "I died, learned a bunch of shit and then came back..." experiences.

He believes that the End is near. (His is, but not in the way he expected.)

They are probably living on the life insurance payments each got at the deaths of their respective sources. But if it's not all in cash, that money will be their doom. And if it is all in cash, well, that's probably not handy...

They belong to a "the end is near" community, but they have a lot of blood on their hands. If the autopsy of Chad's wife turns up evidence of foul play, their friends won't be so friendly.

People be weird!

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 05:50PM

This is so scary. I don't have much hope for the kids. This a-hole is like Joe Smith, Porter Rockwell, Jim Jones and Ron Lafferty, and the Heaven's Gate guy, combined. Another casualty of Mormonism.

Date: December 22, 2019 09:28PM

Here's timeline placed on FB by the cops: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266062977423399/permalink/445952412767787/

Chad's 'about me' page on his website: "Chad Daybell has worked in the publishing business for the past two decades and has written more than 25 books.

"The Times of Turmoil series is a sequel to Chad’s bestselling Standing in Holy Places series, which continues to find success in both the LDS bookstores and the national retail chains.

"Chad is also known for his other novels such as Chasing Paradise and The Emma Trilogy, as well as his non-fiction books for youth, including The Aaronic Priesthood and The Youth of Zion. He and his wife Tammy also created the Tiny Talks series for Primary children.

"He is currently the president of Spring Creek Book Company. Visit www.springcreekbooks.com to see the company’s lineup of titles."
--http://cdaybell.com/?page_id=209

Here's a description, which I assume he wrote in the third person about himself:

"Living on the Edge of Heaven

"An Unusual Connection to the Spirit World

"When Chad Daybell was 17 years old, he had a near-death experience while cliff jumping. He crossed into another dimension and realized there was a world beyond this one. A second near-death experience in his early 20s was much more in depth. He was hit by a monstrous wave at La Jolla Cove in California. While his body was being tossed by the wave, his spirit was visiting with his grandfather, who showed him future events involving his still-unborn children. This accident caused his “veil” that separates mortal life from the Spirit World to stay partially open, so he often feels as if he has a foot in both worlds.

"Chad has since become a noted author and publisher, and he’s particularly well-known for his futuristic LDS novels that are based on what he has been shown. He has also helped several people publish books about their own near-death experiences. As you read his experiences, you’ll realize that we’re all part of an eternal family. We each have ancestors in the Spirit World who deeply care about our spiritual progress and seek to assist us in our daily lives. Chad has shared portions of his inspiring story over the years in blogs, interviews, and fireside talks, but now he has assembled them into one volume that will uplift and entertain you. His experiences demonstrate how close to heaven we truly are."
--cdaybell.com/?page_id=696

Okay, now follow me on this... In 2008 Chad began grinding out a living as a Cemetary superintendent in Utah because the economy tanked and his publishing company foundered and he needed an income. (He talked to departed spirits there at the cemetary.) But then in 2015 the family moved to Idaho. He was still writing and publishing through his company, but had an outside distributor.

Here's a write up from Himalaya.com (a podcasting website) regarding a 1/14/2019 podcast from 'Time to Warrior Up':

"This is the 1st of 2 interviews with Chad Daybell, of Rexburg, Idaho. He has owned his own Publishing Company for many years, and has authored and published 25 books of his own, which contain futuristic stories about America. Our Arizona Team invited Chad to the Mesa area to speak and do this podcast about his life, having died twice when he was younger. He shares how that happened, and what he learned from it. He also shares who mentored him during his youth to understand the world around him. Jason, Melanie and Lori have fun with Chad, who also has a great sense of humor like the rest of them! To see Chad's Publishing Company website and the many books offered from many authors, go to: www.SpringCreekBooks.com. You may contact him via email also: chad.daybell@gmail.com To contact Jason Mow, Melanie or Lori, email them at: timetowarriorup@gmail.com."

https://www.himalaya.com/christianity-podcasts/preparing-a-people-podcast-network-885922/06-time-to-warrior-up-with-chad-daybell-52218390

Only this 1/14/2019 podcast is no longer available, which is confirmed when you ask Google about podcasts from this organization, https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cDovL3ByZXBhcmluZ2FwZW9wbGUucG9kb21hdGljLmNvbS9yc3MyLnhtbA%3D%3D

There's nothing listed for Jan 14, 2019. They removed it...

From what I can determine, Chad met Melanie in mid to late 2018 and through her was introduced to Lori Vallow, on or just before Jan 14, 2019. Must have been quite a ride from that point on!

Tammy Daybell's obituary: https://www.flammfh.com/obituary/tamara-daybell

Tammy Daybell's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/tammydaybell?__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARD9eCjJ-odKOMnsd1Xf4xkL8fXwnfz0bT8z1yzeH3EX3H7H6Qeb2-yIY1CXALViqcenLNH-8-XiwZPf&hc_ref=ARTpNatEoheXmpi8iHKHptfVGbGytg6mH9fDWIGVrgStgWgv2YAWO33vC5pQomKkjx4&fref=nf

Finally, here's a FB 'alert' from Lori Vallow's former sister-in-law, which includes mention that Lori was okay until she got mixed up with a cult... Could she possibly mean the mormons?
https://www.facebook.com/1648359052/posts/10219776474636177 It also explains the death of Lori's estranged husband.

I find shizz like this fascinating.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 09:58PM

Coming to "Dateline" at a date To Be Announced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2019 10:40PM by stillanon.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 09:52PM

I only hope that the "new wife," Lori is being held against her will, can escape, and help find her children.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: December 23, 2019 05:58PM

Nope, sorry. I'm nearly positive that she had her brother kill her husband at the time so that she could be with Chad unhindered.

Did I mention that her brother died about 2 weeks ago too? Hmmm ... cleaning up loose ends?

Date: December 23, 2019 06:01PM

I'm sure you're right. I was just holding out a bit of hope.

Date: December 22, 2019 10:18PM

Most reviewers appear to be obedient ward members, gushing one or two sentence reviews.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 11:28PM

What was the name of the documentary that aired sometime recently on a cable channel, I think, about a Mormon family where the daughter was abused, the parents were evidently letting some church member who was an adult man sleep in her bed with her?

I can't remember the details, but I'd like to look and see if I can find it on the internet.

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: December 23, 2019 01:05AM

Abducted in Plain Sight? Is that the one your thinking about?

Date: December 23, 2019 11:16AM

Chad Daybell's books focused on end-of-times themes.

Makes me think of Christopher Hitchens' statement that some religious groups are "Yearning for the world to end ....they can't wait."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqK4TM97ZCE

Date: December 23, 2019 01:29PM

they probably wouldn't mind taking out a few loved ones to save them from the misery which will unfold in the "fullness of time".

Once you give in to religion's magical thinking, your imagination can take you to any one of a number of dark places.

BTW Is there any such thing as "the fullness of time"? What does that mean, exactly?

Date: December 23, 2019 03:27PM

> BTW Is there any such thing
> as "the fullness of time"?
> What does that mean, exactly?

It's when, at the end of a sumptuous dinner, they bring two Costco pumpkin pies to the table...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2019 11:55AM

this Might Be another case of the Extremism that exists in ChurchCo culture; it might have started with statements like the one from Barry Goldwater of decades ago.

There are so many exceptions to Basic, Core values in Mormonism it's a wonder they even mention them as being 'of Christ'.

Mormonism makes me VOMIT in the way it works day-to-day in practice...

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: December 23, 2019 05:59PM

Where would a couple of Preppers hide out? Do you suppose they're in the Utah or Idaho mountains? Or being hidden by some fellow preppers?

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: December 24, 2019 03:34AM

My hunch is that they killed the two kids.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 24, 2019 12:36PM

In every society there is always a percentage of the members who,for want of better words "screw up".
This is not a reflection on the society as a whole but only on the "screw up".
I believe that if the persons of interest have done something untowards then they should pay and not the society as a whole.
In each instance it is a matter of personal choice for which the person choosing should be held accountable.
Tarring everybody with the same brush is not good. Put the tar on the person responsible

Date: December 24, 2019 02:52PM

I assume by "society as a whole" you are referring to the LDS church or to the Preppers movement.

Of course, you are right. Except for the fact that when an entire, all encompassing, belief system is based on something imaginary and is the basis for one's world view, there are any of a number of mental paths to ridiculous and sometimes dangerous places.

This is how I consider the Church to be in some way, however small, to be a contributor to the evil.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: December 25, 2019 09:33AM

Claiming to be a prophet.

Date: December 27, 2019 09:07AM

I can't understand why nothing has happened in this case, at least not reported in the media. Law enforcement seems to have been in contact with the Daybells. I doubt if there is any hope for the children at this point. Law enf. must assume they are dead or there would be more urgent appeals to the public.

Perhaps the FBI is doing its investigation quietly and building a case but one would think there would be something, media updates or alerts. Someone close to the Daybells has to know something. But it's so quiet. Have friends and relatives been told to button up?

Anyone care to conjecture?

Posted by: Cannot Remember ( )
Date: December 28, 2019 03:41PM

I think the mostly mormon population in Rexburg (around 90%) and 100% Fremont on the police force probably were a little embarrassed by the mormon connection to this story. And all mormons really should see the parallels to Joseph Smith in this story. Essentially Daybell is following the pattern set by Joseph Smith.

But I believe all of the quietness is because they really think the kids are dead.

Any former funeral sexton knows the ground freezes like concrete. In Idaho that usually happens in October.So I personally believe the is why the kids disappeared in September just before the ground will freeze and a grave could be dug.

It is also possible the boy was disposed of like the FLDS do the "lost boys" just with more permanence. And Chad the profit has married and impregnated the girl.

I also believe that they have murdered all of the people that have recently died that they are connected to. In their sicko minds they are going to bring about jesus' return. All of those they murdered because of their righteous desires will arise from their east facing graves to see the glorious return of jesus.

Date: December 28, 2019 03:54PM

The more details that come out, the greater the pain for the church and those who support it.

I can't fault any of the conclusions you're postulating.

Date: December 29, 2019 08:05PM

Julie Row had this to say a couple of days ago:

Julie Rowe believes in energy and talking with angels.

Rowe said both she and Chad Daybell had a vision where angels told them Daybell’s wife, Tammy would die.

“He would never hurt a child, he’s raised five beautiful amazing kids that I love like my own and he would never hurt Tammy,” said Rowe.

Daybell and Rowe first met each other in 2014 when Daybell helped publish Rowe’s book about a near-death experience she had in 2004.

“God brought us together,” said Rowe.

The two became good friends, and Rowe said she would visit the Daybell’s in their Springville, Utah home “dozens of times.”

There was a three year period of time where Rowe would visit Daybell and his wife in their Rexburg home at least once a month.

Daybell and Rowe often talked about a vision they both had years ago where angels told them Tammy would die.

“He was emotionally distraught, he was crying and he said that his angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” said Rowe.

After her ex-communication from the Church, Rowe said they distanced themselves from each other.

Three weeks before Tammy’s death, Rowe and Daybell called each other.

“And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” said Rowe.

Tammy was in charge of the finances and covers for Daybell’s books. Rowe said Daybell wanted to get out of the business, but Tammy wanted to keep going.

“He said I’m ready to get out now and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this,” said Rowe.

Now, Rowe hasn’t heard from Daybell and any of his children—she has not reached out to Daybell himself, but his daughter has not responded to her texts.

Rowe has never met Daybell’s new wife, Lori Vallow, but can vouch for Daybell’s character.

Not knowing were the kids and Daybell are, Rowe said she relies on her visions for comfort—she believes the kids are alive.

“I do know the kids are safe. I can see them,” said Rowe. “I can see their energy and that they’re in a bright house. I can see they’re in the living room where they are. I can see they’re comfortable bed at night.”

--https://fox13now.com/2019/12/27/member-of-missing-rexburg-childrens-religion-speaks/

And you thought shizz couldn't get weirder...

Date: December 29, 2019 11:40PM

Wow, EOD! I’ve been working on a horror story that doesn’t even compete with this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.