Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 14, 2020 06:31PM

Definition:
pious-fraud
Noun
(plural pious frauds)

1) An act of innocent deceit, technically using the methods of a fraudster but for an honest, honorable purpose.
White lies are verbal cases of pious fraud.
2) A person involved in such a fraud.
Origin
pious +‎ fraud, a calque of Latin pia fraus.

What Say YOU???

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Not to beblubber the point ( )
Date: April 14, 2020 06:39PM

I think he has matured into both.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 14, 2020 08:42PM

Yours, sir or madam, is an extremely prejudiced point of view.

I whole-heartedly support it.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 15, 2020 10:48AM

More like he "manured" into both!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 14, 2020 07:37PM

Latin—

Dufus singular masculine
Dufa, singular feminine
Dufum, singular neuter
Dufi, plural

I think he’s a dufum.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 14, 2020 08:38PM

PROFILES OF A PROPHET BY HUGH B BROWN, republished since it was first given:

A. He will boldly claim that God [has] spoken to him.

B. Any man so claiming would be a dignified man with a dignified message; no table-jumping, no whisperings from the dead, no clairvoyance, but an intelligent statement of truth.

C. Any man claiming to be a prophet of God would declare his message without any fear and without making any weak concessions to public opinion.

D. If he were speaking for God, he could not make concessions although what he taught would be new and contrary to the accepted teachings of the day. A prophet bears witness to what he has seen and heard and seldom tries to make a case by argument. His message and not himself is important.

E. Such a man would speak in the name of the Lord, saying, “Thus saith the Lord,” as did Moses, Joshua, and others.

F. Such a man would predict future events in the name of the Lord, and they would come to pass, as did Isaiah and Ezekiel.

G. He would have not only an important message for his time but often a message for all future time, such as Daniel, Jeremiah, and others had.

H. He would have courage and faith enough to endure persecution and to give his life, if need be, for the cause he espoused, such as Peter, Paul, and others did.

I. Such a man would denounce wickedness fearlessly. He would generally be rejected or persecuted by the people of his time, but later generations, the descendants of his persecutors, would build monuments in his honor.

J. He would be able to do superhuman things, things that no man could do without God’s help. The consequence or result of his message and work would be convincing evidence of his prophetic calling. “By their fruits ye shall know them” [Matt. 7:20].

K. His teachings would be in strict conformity with scripture, and his words and his writings would become scripture. “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost” (2 Pet. 1:21).

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/hugh-b-brown_profile-of-a-prophet/

Date: April 14, 2020 08:46PM

> K. His teachings would be
>    in strict conformity
>    with scripture...

Exactly!! And we finally have a prophet who recognizes that the scriptures never ONCE speak of The Mormon Church.

Proof positive that Nelson (HA ha!) is el mero mero.

Date: April 14, 2020 08:55PM

they condemn themselves BY THEIR OWN WORDS.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 15, 2020 01:55PM

Hugh was speaking as a man and he never got to prophet.

Date: April 15, 2020 09:21PM

then why did they - not too long ago (June'06) - republish it in Ensign???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 09:23PM by GNPE.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:25PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hugh was speaking as a man and he never got to
> prophet.
I BEG YOU PARDON!!
At the annual sustaining the twelve apostles are sustained as prophets, seers, and revelators

Date: April 15, 2020 03:07PM

they are all in it for #1

Date: April 16, 2020 05:28PM

Of course
Are you and I any different?

Date: April 15, 2020 09:29PM

just me?

Does Nelson Himself believe that the lighted pen is a credible substitute for Heavenly Visits like meeting with Christ in 'the upper room(s) of the SL temple?

I sincerely doubt it... (could I be wrong on that?)

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 09:26AM

There is a part of me that would like to think he is a cold calculating charlatan but I believe that he drank the Kool-Aid long ago and actually believes he communicates in some way with God and has his ego fed by all the sycophants in his Mormon bubble.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 04:37PM

He’s a crazy old man who is close to taking a permanent dirt nap. Nelson is a flash in the pan. Mormon prophets are soon forgotten and easily replaced.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:33PM

He's delusional. He thinks whatever pops into his brain in the dark of the night is revelation from God.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 06:52PM

Nelson admits if not brags that he gets ideas at home (I also get ideas, but some of mine are so %$## wacky that I keep my mouth shut). I think he bounces these ideas off Wendy and probably Sheri too. Then if he feels comfortable then he seeks his buddy Oaks for his approval. If Oaks agrees then Rusty convenes with Eyring. Now it is a simple two against one type of meeting and Eyring probably just goes along with every idea from Nelson, regardless how nutty it is.

Date: April 16, 2020 08:08PM

Look the man was a surigical genious. Emphasis on the word "was"
That doesn't mean he can talk to God!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 08:27PM

Now he can only cut the cheese, and even that’s a little dicey.

Date: April 16, 2020 08:19PM

Based on what he's told us he's learned from ghawd, mormon ghawd is wack.

Wouldn't it be great if mormon ghawd told Nelson (HA-ha!) that any saint harboring the slightest bit of 'judgmentiness' against non-Whites & the Rainbow Coalition, were not going to be saved!

You know, old-time fire & brimstone preaching: "If you don't love your Black neighbor as yourself, you can't go to the Celestial Kingdom!! If you don't open your heart and your arms to your Gay neighbor, you might as well be pulling the chair out from under Jesus at the dinner table! You're not going to the Celestial Kingdom! Can I get an amen and three hosannas!!"

There are a number of topics I would love to see and hear him go all Old Testament at October Conference!

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 11:22PM

Blatant fraud. He claims to speak with Jesus. There is no innocent deceit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.