Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 29, 2023 01:29AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1mSDyB0Abc

This is kind of interesting. This young LDS guy and his ex wife went to Jodi Hildebrandt (of the Ruby Franke) case, for marriage counseling. He says it pisses him off that her brand of therapy is affiliated with the church, because her practice doesn't align with the church's teachings.

He says he wants to be a counselor himself... He's so young! I know Mormons marry young, but I think he's only in his 20s and already divorced.

Some of the comments on the video are pretty funny. This was one someone left...

"For the love of God can’t you Mormons crack open a beer and have a chat about your marital issues with your best mate instead of a random weird woman talking nonsense? You’re not sinners ffs you’re HUMAN , read that again !!!!!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 29, 2023 11:38AM

LOL. That comment is hilarious.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 29, 2023 11:45AM

Whoever wrote that comment is the real therapist.

Mormon Counselor. What an oxymoron.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 29, 2023 12:46PM

I'm sure he had an interesting experience, but he lost me in the first two wandering minutes.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 29, 2023 01:06PM

He lost me as well.

I may try again later today.

Date: September 29, 2023 02:50PM

I was listening to him as I was writing today’s post about how the Peace Corps is being sued. If I hadn’t been writing while listening, I may not have listened to the whole thing. What struck me was the guy is in his 20s, already divorced, wants to be a therapist, and is elbow deep in Mormon bs.

But his comments about Jodi were also kind of interesting, if you’re following the Ruby Franke story.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: December 13, 2023 02:22PM

A former police officer is speaking up.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRcJ4atY/

Are lds police officers hiding bad things lds people do to protect the good name of the church?

Date: December 16, 2023 02:53AM

That was interesting!

Jodi Hildebrandt seems to advocate "training" children as if they were dogs.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 07:33AM

It sounds to me like the former police officer made an appropriate referral to DCFS, and in fact, may have been required to do so as a LEO (she may have been a mandated reporter.) As a teacher, I would have made the same referral under those circumstances. The family situation reeked of abuse and neglect.

Those poor children lived in such an abusive household. I don't know how you ever get over that. They must not have felt loved at all.

Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: December 13, 2023 02:38PM

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 03:56AM

knotheadusc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> He
> says it pisses him off that her brand of therapy
> is affiliated with the church, because her
> practice doesn't align with the church's
> teachings.
>

I was a therapist for LDS Family Services. And my brand of therapy didn't align with the church's teaching either.

I normalized masturbation. I normalized, "unusual sexual practices." And I never prescribed scriptures and praying, to fix someone's concerns.

Date: December 16, 2023 08:02AM

I watched most of it. That's a very long ramble, but perhaps he needed to get it off of his chest. I wish he had given more specific examples of why he thought that Jodi is a poor, and even dangerous therapist. Here are the examples he did give -- she appeared to take sides (in couples counseling) right away, he felt that she was intrinsically biased against men, she sent (what is to me) an inappropriate text after he quit therapy with her, and she used a therapeutic model that struck him as strange (it strikes me as strange as well.) He also felt that her therapeutic methods did not align with Mormon church teachings, which I cannot really judge. I like that he trusted his instincts that something was off about her, and quit therapy with her.

Twenty-two is such a young age to experience divorce. Hopefully this young man takes some time for himself, to complete his schooling and to continue therapy (with a new therapist.)

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 11:23AM

I listened to the entire 16 minutes of the video. He said that he only went a few times to Jodi to therapy. The first time him and his wife went together. The second time him and his wife were seen seperate by Jodi. After that Jodi recommended group therapy were the men and women were separated. He never went to group therapy. He said that Jodi was a "man hater" and on the women's side. He said that Jodi broke patient confidentiality. How did Jodi do that? I had an lds marriage counselor and she would discuss my marriage in the ward council.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 06:40PM

https://www.fox13now.com/news/crime/ruby-franke-to-enter-plea-agreement-on-child-abuse-charges-attorney-says

"Once-popular YouTuber Ruby Franke will enter into a plea agreement for the multiple counts of child abuse she faces when she appears before a judge in Washington County on Monday.

Winward Law, the firm representing Franke, issued a statement Friday confirming their client is working with prosecutors on a plea agreement."

Date: December 17, 2023 12:46PM

Date: December 17, 2023 01:49PM

The plea deal might very well involve prison time. I hope that it does.

Date: December 17, 2023 01:57PM

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 11:28PM

https://www.fox13now.com/news/crime/ruby-franke-pleads-guilty-to-multiple-counts-of-child-abuse

"Franke and her attorney worked with prosecutors on a plea agreement that saw her plead guilty to four of the six counts against her, with two others having been dismissed. All of the counts are second degree felonies and Franke agreeing to serve a prison sentence was part of the agreement."

"When Franke is sentenced, the plea deal stipulates she will serve all four sentences consecutively. Each of the counts brings a prison sentence between 1-15 years; however, those terms are flexible and up to the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 12:05AM

[|] Wrote:

>
> "When Franke is sentenced, the
> plea deal stipulates she will
> serve all four sentences con-
> secutively. Each of the counts
> counts brings a prison sentence
> between 1-15 years; however,
> those terms are flexible and up
> to the Utah Board of Pardons
> and Parole."

Does the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole get input from her bishop?  Or do they just pray and receive inspiration?

Date: December 19, 2023 05:22AM

Consecutively -- so it sounds like a minimum of four years, but who knows what the parole board will do.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 05:50AM

It's not unusual for a prisoner to serve 1/3 of her prison sentence, so she may end up in jail for only 1.3 years. Having the convictions, however, will almost certainly prevent her from regaining any custodial rights.

So this may be the deal the DA and the defendant struck.

Date: December 19, 2023 06:15AM

Plus a Federal conviction is no joke. It will make getting any sort of meaningful employment afterward almost impossible.

I read the Fox13 article linked above, and it's a wonder that the children didn't die from the severe abuse. Cutting off oxygen? No water for days? Horrible.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 06:22AM

summer Wrote:
> Plus a Federal conviction is no joke. It will make
> getting any sort of meaningful employment
> afterward almost impossible.

That's the point of having her plead to four counts rather than just one. If anyone ever looks at her record, she's a four-time loser. She'll never be able to claim it was just one mistake.

I do think the DA is thinking about the future.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.