Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: October 21, 2023 04:49PM

Our World is now just one big scam.

That $100,000 truck that has more plastic in it than ever before.

That bag of chips that is 30% full of product, with the remainder being air.

That new house you just bought, put together with the cheapest materials that could be found, but you paid top dollar.

Those products from China, which speak for themselves.

Then all those warnings about beware of anything that is to good to be true.

Mormonism like everything else is a scam. They promise blessings beyond imagination for paying tithing. They promise you can become a God. They promise your own planet. They promise boatloads of wifes. They promise kids who will glorify your name forever. They promise protection by wearing special underwear. They promise revelation if you attend a temple. But what they cannot do is emperically prove any event or outcome can be attached to that promise.

Just like that guy who promises you 50% returns if you just give him your life savings, or sign your life away for that overpriced pickup truck.....its all a scam! Joseph Smith was ahead of his time, in todays world he would be up there with the likes of the guy's who brought us scams like Enron, late night television ads, robo calls, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 21, 2023 05:18PM

"The truth is out there"

- Fox Mulder

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 22, 2023 12:04PM

Things can always get worse!

Date: October 22, 2023 12:23PM

It will.

Those who fail to learn from history, shall repeat it.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 22, 2023 12:44PM

I am an elected Precinct Committee Officer where I live...
My focus is to serve our community & to elect
others who will also share that opportunity obligation responsibility

I see that as supportive of our representative democracy as opposed to dictatorships & authoritarianism.

At least to me, politics isn't a scam.

Date: October 22, 2023 01:14PM

Your correct, but authoritarianism is creeping into the fabric of our political system. If you look at history, it has happened over and over again, and we are showing the signs.

It is our responsibility as citizens to put a stop to such things, but right now many of our younger generation is more interested in being a influencer, than taking notice of what is creeping in to the fabric of our governing system. An apple may look nice on the outside, but there can always be a worm on the inside.

Date: October 22, 2023 01:20PM

I should quantify what I mean by responsibility. It is by looking at the those running for office and voting for those who show leadership and character abilities that are in keeping to the governing laws of our nation. This is how we maintain our freedoms to be who we are today. A three ring circus is not the way to go.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 22, 2023 12:58PM

I think in the last few years there's been a sharp uptick in phone and email scammers trying to part you from your money. You have scammers impersonating the electric company, Amazon, and other entities. My email provider and cell phone provider have decent filters, but some still gets through. I see a lot of reports of scamming on community websites.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: October 22, 2023 10:07PM

...religious and other scammers is that you won't know for sure that the religion is a scam until after you're dead. Sure, it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, feels like a scam, and the facts never measure up to it, but all of those religious blessings claimed can only be tested for sure at the time one perishes.

For the record, I'm not going to wait to call religions, including the Mormon variety, a scam until I'm lying in my grave and no one can hear me. Just because I can't prove that the blessings are/aren't going to happen means that I can't prove that, say, Joseph Smith lied about his knowledge of the Egyptian language; lied about his involvement with polygamy; etc. Put another way, I can show (and so can you) that religion, including mormonism, is built on lies about human history and biology, and I can argue that because of these lies, the chances of any of what religions claim happens after death are very slim--nearly zero in my view.

Posted by: Jethro ( )
Date: October 22, 2023 10:50PM

I'm on my 3rd honda civic, 300k miles with very little problems, very good cars, there are many other manf that make great cars.

Yes it very disturbing these times, had a guy tell me the other day that it was fake news on 911, those were not planes they were missels or something, part of our government, I almost lost it.

Yes things are crazy, a lot of politicians telling bs as well.

As stated above man during wwII the whole world was at war, I read estimates of 50mil died in that very,very bad war. Yes we must have perspective.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 23, 2023 11:40AM

Jethro, I agree with you, I had a Nissan and Honda that I drove 250K+ miles before they dropped. If you remember the 70s, American car makers owned the automobile market and then got a little greedy. Lee Iacocca touting, "if you can find a better car buy it". I remember reading an article from the 90s that was interviewing Iacocca and he admitted they were shipping crap. wow. Personally, the new cars are amazing. My daughter owns a Tesla and it's a great car. Currently, I'm in Spain and I rented a Lynk&Co from Hertz. One of the most hi-tech cars I've driven. And they are affortable. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynk_%26_Co

Posted by: TX_Rancher ( )
Date: October 23, 2023 01:13PM

I had a 93 Honda Civic that only made it 168,000 miles when it died. Of course that was after 22 years of driving it, lol. And I ignored the head gasket leak for a long time that could have been fixed. I'll bet it could have gone another 168k but I was glad that I could get a new Honda.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 23, 2023 10:58AM

And to realize that 80% of the active pharmaceutical ingredients that make up our drug consumption come from China. Amazing

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 24, 2023 02:18AM

I only recently realized just how much people tell you is lies. Had I been a skeptic about most things at an earlier age my life would have turned out much differently.

I cannot believe that people believe practically everything they see in print unless they don't want to believe it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.