Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 02:02PM

Here's the proof of the hollow earth from Mormon theology:

http://ldsanarchy.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/the-hollow-earth-theory-the-plasma-model-and-mormon-theology/

Here's the expedition:

http://www.phoenixsciencefoundation.org/APEX.htm

Promoted by Mormon apologist Rod Cluff:

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/ourhollo/p3.html

Well, at least he isn't saying that Jehovah came from the Pleiades. That seems to be a JW concept:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/god_s_throne_-_pleiades.html

Silly Jay Dubs. Everyone knows Kolob is not in Taurus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 02:18PM

It looks like they want film makers, but only to serve the goals of the mission -- and they'd want to maintain rights to the footage. I'd want to make my own film, about deluded people on a futile quest, and the excuses they make.

Date: November 11, 2011 04:05PM

...the ship they're taking is scheduled for mothballing later next year. Don't think I want to be in the Arctic Ocean aboard a nuclear ship that's falling apart.

Date: November 11, 2011 08:46PM

...they plan on bringing 100 people. Do ice dealers have quarters and toilets for that many people? Are all the toilets on that scrap heap functional?

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 02:29PM

Last year they tried this at the South Pole, but the underground nazi base sent out flying saucers and wiped 'em all out, so they they figured they'd try the TOP of the world this time...

Posted by: Holbrook ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 02:30PM

He said the government knew the earth was hollow because of satellites and aircraft flying over the opening. When I asked him why the government would want to cover something like that up he didn't have an answer.

That seems to be the case with so many conspiracy theories. Why do they want to cover it up? Because they can is the only answer usually.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:18PM

Hey, a TBM member of my family believes this stuff. He was involved with a guy whose father had acquired some personal effects of Adolf Hilter, taken from the submarine that was going to transport Hitler north and into the center of the earth. He figured they could make a lot of money selling it to collectors.

When he talke about it, he got that very odd tone in his voice, and talked real low, with no facial expression, and that look in his eyes that Mormons get when discussing "deep doctrine."

Date: November 11, 2011 09:42PM

"Doctor" Heinerman. What a loon.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:22PM

"Silly Jay Dubs. Everyone knows Kolob is not in Taurus."

Classic!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:32PM

RAG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, at least he isn't saying that Jehovah came
> from the Pleiades. That seems to be a JW concept:
>
> http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/god_s_throne_-_
> pleiades.html
>
> Silly Jay Dubs. Everyone knows Kolob is not in
> Taurus.

That hilarious Ancient Aliens series says in one episide that that is where Moroni came from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXfoplek28

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:37PM

And...people believe this?

The Lost Tribes must be at war with each other under there. There's lotsa blood.

This is not a hoax:

http://www.realitysandwich.com/bleeding_ice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 03:40PM by forestpal.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:49PM

When my father retired in 1966 the family moved to Utah. We lived in an all-Mormon neighborhood (I believe there were about 3 non-Mormon households in the ward boundary -- a real change from the minority position Mormons had in my home town).

My father came home from church one day with a book about the hollow earth. He said that a man in the ward had lent it to him and that the man really believed it. My Dad, of course, thought it was "a bunch of hooey." He believed Mormonism without question, however.

Posted by: The Motric ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:50PM

OMFG, this is batshit crazy!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 04:08PM

Date: November 11, 2011 08:43PM

Or book a commercial flight that takes the polar route and look out the window? Probably because that wouldn't be as grand as their delusions.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 08:20PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 08:30PM

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 10:41PM

That's really the pick of the litter for you? I would have said it was the link to this guy: http://www.ourhollowearth.com/ColBillieFayeWoodard.htm

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 08:20PM

Pick of the litter? No. Just something of a surprise.

Date: November 11, 2011 10:54PM

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 09:13PM

I had a hard time choosing a favorite paragraph, but I think this is it:

"I believe that if the solid earth theory were true, it would reveal or bear record of the stupidity of the Lord. Think about it. What an incredible waste of space, what an incredible waste of material, to have such large (inhabited) spheres completely filled with matter, so that man walks on and uses only a minute fraction of it. The thought of God accumulating all that matter into a solid ball just so that there is enough gravity for man to walk and run on less than .0001% or so of it is just plain crazy. If we take into account the supposed uninhabited worlds just floating around for no purpose whatsoever, it becomes an even greater waste and an even crazier concept. God has got to be smarter than that."

I remember hearing in church that the lost tribes went to live inside the earth, picturing them paddling their canoes into a hole at the top, and wondering why they wouldn't fall out as they went over the edge. I guess I thought they had canoes because there's water over the north pole. I decided that gravity must work in reverse on the inside of the earth. No idea how old I was, probably grade school. I hope I wasn't in high school!

I also remember wondering how this hole at the top of the world could possibly exist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 01:54AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: LDS Anarchist ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 05:29PM

Lol. If I'm nuts, why are you all endlessly discussing a topic brought up by a crazy person?

Btw, that paragraph that you quoted is the most quoted paragraph of my entire blog. It pisses off both atheists and believers alike. Especially these immortal words:

"I believe that if the solid earth theory were true, it would reveal or bear record of the stupidity of the Lord."

Classic. Ageless. I expect that people will go on and on commenting about my words for the duration of the Internet.

Atheist and creationists alike accept that the Earth is solid on FAITH. There is no proof that the Earth, or any of the other planets, are hollow, but there is a lot of evidence that these worlds are hollow. Solid earth/planet theory IS still just a theory.

But it is a flawed theory because it DOES NOT account for the anomalies. What I wrote in that blog post (hollow earth + plasma cosmology) DOES account for the anomalies. And that's the key to the soundness of any particular theory. In other words, whatever theory you may have, does it address all of the anomalies? If the answer is, no, then your theory is a shit fantasy.

Now, I'm an anarchist, so go ahead and believe all the fantasy you want to believe. I don't want to take you out of your mental masturbation if it satisfies you. And I'll believe all the fantasy I want to believe, too. But, when discussing scientific evidence, let's keep the anomalies in mind, shall we?

See, what I have noticed since I wrote that post years ago is that all who are critical of it have not actually brought up the science and anomalies. They just critize without knowing what the hell the evidence for or against the solid earth theory is. They all accept the solid earth theory because this is what we've been taught in school, in other words, they accept their school traditions, kind of like the religionist accept their faith traditions, at face value, without actually digging up the evidence for and against and coming to an independent determination of whether these things are fact or fantasy.

Atheists are as ignorant as any religionist I've ever met. I actually went and looked at the facts and found that the facts don't add up. The solid earth theory doesn't account for the anomalies. Neither does the hollow earth theory, alone. But in combination with plasma science, IT DOES.

So, go ahead and call me crazy all you want. And I'll call you all ignorant fools. (Ignorant because you don't know your facts. Fools, because you criticize what you have not studied.) But if you want to appear to the Mormons or anyone else of a religious persuasion as credible, refute with evidence to the contrary and address the anomalies. Using this exmormon thread to just ridicule something without refuting the evidence is moronic. Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it. On the congtrary, go ahead and do it. Morons ought ot have the freedom is expression, too. I'm just saying that no one is going to take you seriously if you just just ridicule without refuting the evidences brought forth. And I did bring forth evidences. I pointed people to a mountain of evidence in that post. That you or others didn't look does not change that fact.

Besides, if you guys really had a leg to stand on concerning the supposed truth of the earth being solid, why don't you go to my blog, read the evidences I pointed to, and refute them one by one there, in front of the entire blog's audience instead of coming here and masturbating each other by ridiculing me and what I wrote? And if I am ignorant fool, then set me straight by showing me how the solid earth theory does address the anomalies. But make sure that you do a good job, though, because there are people on my blog who will call you on your shit.

Date: November 13, 2011 05:41PM

Yes, you are nuts. And we find that amusing.

You're the one putting all this nonsense out there on the web. And you get all butthurt if someone reads it and points out that there is no science and only fiction on your site.

You don't have evidence or science. That's why we enjoy you.

Posted by: LDS Anarchist ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 09:29PM

The entertaining feeling is mutual, bud.

For the record, I don't think you guys are nuts, just ignorant (and fools.) And I don't mind an ignoramus calling me crazy, at all. If anything, it's a compliment coming from you. Plus, I get a laugh at all the energy you guys put into what I believe or don't believe. I certainly don't care what you believe, but apparently what I believe is worth talking about! LMAO, yet again.

And bravo on that most excellent scientific rebuttal. "There is no science" and "you don't have evidence or science." That's all that needs to be said. End of discussion. You've stated your case well. Everyone can plainly see you know what the hell you're talking about. Lol.

Oh, yeah, and keep passing along the word around the Internet that I actually responded here. It's fun seeing all the people get up in arms over what I wrote!

Date: November 13, 2011 09:40PM

Please don't leave, you're too much fun.

You don't understand ANYTHING about science. For instance, you think that you can make assertions and dare people to refute them. Nope. You have to produce evidence. You have to do research. You have to publish peer-reviewed research, not fanboy fantasies.

You think the Garden of Eden and giants and a "smoky sun" are in the middle of the earth? Do you know how many Mormon geologists and scientists (Ballif, for one, who did much of the best tectonic plate/continental drift research).

You also have ZERO understanding of astronomy and physics. A hollow earth would collapse, implode. Ever heard of gravity, or mass?

Temperatures increase dramatically as drill down through the earth's crust. How would your inner earth people live in an environment without adequate atmosphere and in temperatures that would boil their blood?

Accepting the hollow earth requires scrapping hundreds of years of documented, tested and replicated science. Sorry about that. If you doubt me, go talk to some actual scientists.

Your speculations and stories are only that. You might as well try to write fiction, it's the only productive use of your imagination.

Good luck.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 09:50PM

When I was active in Mormonism, I almost NEVER heard Mormons talking about a "hollow earth." I think if you did a survey among mainstream Mormons, you would find that VERY, VERY few accept your ideas on the subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 10:12PM by Fetal Deity.

Date: November 13, 2011 10:09PM

You know, in that "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbK8YO3Hkw

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 09:28PM

<Solid earth/planet theory IS still just a theory.>

Like Gravity?
Like Mathematics?
Like Thermodynamics?

Tell you what, go to your wife's sewing room, Find a knitting needle, stick it up your nose, then push it into your brain and give yourself a full frontal lobotomy.

Maybe that will help you escape your little world of lunacy.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 01:47AM

The idiot in this video is one of the MORmONS who endorse the hollow earth theory and the notion that the lost ten tribes are hiding out there. It seems to me that any one who has any hint of a clue of gravity as a force in reality has to be laughing at this notion.

NOTE clicking on this link will NOT ring up a hit on a pro MORmON site. it takes about 30 secs to see this person is a pathological liar and an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zu7_B5NSMI

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 05:47PM

Prepare to get exed!

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 07:36PM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 09:41PM

"I am free to confess that I do not know what to believe," replied the American. "But after I received this message from (Abner) Perry I commenced to investigate and I discovered that the theory of an inhabitable world at the center of the earth with openings leading into it at the north and south poles is no new one and that there is much evidence to support it. I found a very complete exposition of the theory in a book written about 1830 and in another work of more recent time. Therein I found what seemed to be a reasonable explanation of many well known phenomena that have not been satisfactorily explained by any hypothesis endorsed by science."

Edgar Rice Burroughs, "Tarzan At The Earth's Core" (1930)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 10:18PM

What kind of concocted B.S. term is that ?

You ask people to accept your insane ideas on faith since you have no scientific evidence.

I say put up or shut up !

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 10:24PM

'IF' they find it (wink wink) they'll be Sure to patent it/trademark it....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.