Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 02:08PM

page 43
THE Constitution WILL HANG BY A THREAD
...A crisis is precipitated by the populous demanding a change. This is typical evolution of events in a nation which is sick at heart and will not admit that it's growing lethargy is the result of poison issuing from within its own members.

Such a day would literally fulfill the words of the Prophet Joseph Smith when he said that the time would come when the constitution of the U.S. would hang by a thread He also said that in that hour the elders of the church would labor...to save the vestiges of democracy.

...if the constitution is saved at all, it will be by the elders of this church.

Brigham Young points out that the constitution will never be completely destroyed, however, because " it will be held inviolate by this people (the Latter-day saints.)"

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 05:35PM by Mia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 02:44PM

Mia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Brigham Young points out that the constitution
> will never be completely destroyed, however,
> because " it will be held inviolate by this people
> (the Latter-day saints.)"

Was he saying that at the same time the temple ceremony included 'vengance against the USA for the death of Joe Smith'

Date: May 29, 2012 02:52PM

I'm not sure of the date that was said, but I wouldn't doubt that they coincided.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 03:40PM

Does Beehive clothing still sell tin-foil hats?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 03:47PM

Cleon Skousen claimed to love the constitution except for that that pesky part about separating government and religion.

Date: May 29, 2012 04:14PM

I'm glad I kept this book. It's cram full of quotes and crazy things said about prophecy and end times. It's really funny to read it.

It talks about the saints gathering in missouri, the sixty centuries that man has been on the earth, where the ten tribes are, and several other little jewels that they are trying to deny they ever taught.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 04:11PM

I have this book of Skousen's. It is now an excellent piece of anti-Mormon literature. Give 'em enough rope...

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 29, 2012 11:17PM

I'd never heard of the a$$hole until reading about him on this site. I just never read ANY Mormon literature including the BofM...couldn't be bothered...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.