Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 03:47PM

The person who invents __________ will be admired by all.

But that's not my point.

WHAT FASCINATES YOU MOST...RIGHT NOW?

That's my point.

For me: Minimalism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthdaughter ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 04:39PM

Metatheism is a term I thought I coined myself for myself, but turns out it's actually a thing and pretty much exactly as I defined it, so I'm pretty fascinated by that at the moment!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 04:41PM

Metheism - where what I believe is all about me. I might just shorten it to theism.

Posted by: earthdaughter ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 05:08PM

HA! Not too far off...

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 11:23AM

"Meism"

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 05:31PM

Still fascinated by Mormonism....and am still hoping to see its demise in my lifetime.

May 2019 bring health and happiness to those here - and breaking shelves to those who should/could be here!

Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 02:42AM

For me, that our planet is hurtling through space, having our own sidereal rotation, add a moon, and another rotation around the sun, add other planets near/far from ours which make up a solar system. That system rotates around a another system (I'm not sure what that is called), that system of stars is rotating in a helical pattern heading toward Andromeda to become a new star/galaxy system many Pompous Ass Monsonillion years from now.

Cake

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 08:19AM

if it is even possible for me and my other humankind to cease basic tribalism and self-service?

Other fascinations:

People launching themselves back to the Moon and hopefully Mars before I croak.

The idea/theory/science deemed The Electric Universe Model which appears to debunk black holes and much of the Standard Model of Cosmology and Astrophysics.

How much more damage Rusty Nelson and Dally Oaks can wreak upon their pet kingdom in 2019. I hope that they both last clear through 2020.

Posted by: oldfriend ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 08:33AM

Hunting the "I"

It consumes me.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 10:04AM

Waking up every morning to a brand new day.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 11:25AM

The ancient Egyptian verbal system.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 12:15PM

Same! Since college just a few years ago, due to a specific professor, I've been fascinated with all things Egypt. Can't get enough.

Date: December 28, 2018 12:17PM

Ancient history. I watch documentaries, read books, study hard, and immerse myself whenever I can. I do a ton of family history in scrapbook form, so that takes an enormous amount of time, but I still love that (and other topics - forensics, anthropology, crime and corrections, and deviant and abnormal behavior). So much to learn in life!

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 12:22PM

on how to help different kinds of minds succeed. It's hard to read. Have long been interested in her work.

She makes the point that we concentrate on defects rather than strengths. What is your kid good at or interested in? She says sometimes it takes a parent 10 minutes to come up with an answer.

She uses geometry in her excellent work. She couldn't do algebra, but teachers insisted she keep master algebra before she could graduate to geometry.

Date: December 28, 2018 01:03PM

Love her work. She's fascinating.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 03:05PM

Used to read a blog that had polar bears as its main theme (Mette Aputsiak she called herself) but it unfortunately disappeared.

But the Internet is full of great art.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 07:20PM

Those topics listed above such as minimalism, meta-theism, Me-ism, ancient history (and modern history) are interesting topics for me as well.

I love obtaining new knowledge wherever it can be found. I collect quotes. One I like:"In the information age ignorance is a choice".

One of my passions is seeking out and listening to whistle-blowers who have worked for or have first hand knowledge of "deep state" operations. More often than not the things they expose are by definition conspiracy. Whistle-blowers are, for the most part, truth tellers and I love honest people who tell the truth. Whistle-blowers often put career or life on the line to share and I appreciate them for that. Conversely, I hate deceivers.

I also listen to alternative media forums that regularly highlight whistle-blowers. The focus is to hold rogue and corrupt government, banking, corporations etc. accountable by exposure and prosecution. You know, media doing its job.

I also, like most, consume from the corporate owned public information feeding trough all the warm and steaming stuff they serve up. I find the narrative they typically advance is in opposition to what whistle-blowers are indicating. You have to listen to both sides. Kind of like the difference between what you learn here at RFM and what you get at tscc.

Date: December 28, 2018 07:39PM

Every traffic report and each news story is a repeat.

Never allow a portion of your life to be exchanged for that which you cannot control.

Focus every energy and all of your resources to achieve self-improvement in a loving home.

Religion is powerless to maintain true love. For that requires full ownership, absolute dignity, privacy and constant changes that sculpt the happiest life.

If you are not living to equip others that carry your genes, you are an utter failure.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 02:19PM

Mormon Nomore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every traffic report and each news story is a
> repeat.

Not necessarily so. There are important issues and events that are shaping our future. I am one who believes it is important to understand those issues and events inorder to be a force for the right kind of change.

> Never allow a portion of your life to be exchanged
> for that which you cannot control.

This bit of advice needs some context but I would generally agree.

> If you are not living to equip others that carry
> your genes, you are an utter failure.

I can agree that equipping ones children to successfully face life's challenges is an important mark of successful parenting.
Concluding that one who doesn't fully achieve this level of success as a parent or that one who, for whatever reason, doesn't have children is an utter failure is wrong.

There are examples of people who left a very positive mark on society who never had children or who may have had some children who drifted far afield. It's not all or nothing, we all fall some where on the continuum.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 07:51PM

Stuff in the news fascinates me.
1) The fight over the shut down in the government, the caravan, and border wall, the national debt.
2) How it can be so cold and miserable out side this year and still people are talking about global warming?
3) How much real estate has gone up, and how America is becoming more polarized, the rich are buying all of it, and the poor and less savvy aren't paying attention to their dismal future.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 09:24PM

How can there be global warming? There is still winter, and I'm cold.
How can evolution be correct? There are still monkeys.
How can the earth be round? Look around. It's flat.

You're in good company, Sparky. Carry on. ::facepalm::

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 08:20PM

anono this week Wrote:

> 3) How much real estate has gone up,... the rich are
> buying all of it, and the poor and less savvy
> aren't paying attention to their dismal future.

And how much of that is now owned by the Chinese? With global shell companies, we may never know.

Date: December 28, 2018 10:44PM

Become a Capitalist.

Let time work for you.

Do what others wish they'd done 10 years from now.

Buy a piece of raw land in the path of progress.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 10:23PM

Finding love.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 10:27PM

You have my best wishes, Ron.

I hope 2019 will be an improvement on the past few years for you.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 01:29AM

Thank you Tevai. Things are looking up.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 01:30AM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
> Thank you Tevai. Things are looking up.

:D

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 02:44AM

I'd have to go with Love. Not finding it, but concentrating on what's already there, and nurturing it, spreading it, wielding the power of it, basking in the happiness of it, watching it work wonders on people--especially on children.

Imagination comes a close second. These are the things that have built my life, that have motivated me to work harder than I thought I ever could. I have rescued myself from the brink of death, several times, and have endured a childhood of abuse and torture, and imprisonment and rape at the hands of an ex who almost murdered me

Fast forward (but it wasn't fast at all) to now, when I have more love in my life than I thought was possible! Thanks to Mormonism, I had no expectations that all of the love I gave out would come back to me! How does love multiply like that? Where does it come from, deep inside of us, who think of ourselves as "nothing"?

I am living a miraculous life, that I imagined, always. I never veered off the path towards what I wanted, though I had some easier and better choices, if I had been willing to give up some of my dreams and principles. I could see its light, taste it, feel it, always in my darkest hours. Some say this is "God", some believe that my yet-to-be-born children were prompting me from their pre-existence, some believe in mental telepathy, and mind-over-matter, or another dimension. I believe it comes from within our selves, through energy created in our living brain.

There was always something inside of me that no one could touch, that kept me strong. What is this "inner joy" or "inner peace"? What makes us who we are?

The Mormon cult tried to take this away from me. Even my own Mormon parents would say, "You can't do that. You'll never succeed." Like when I was a high-jumper, I would first visualize myself clearing the bar, and I knew before I even took off, whether I was going to make it or not.

My love of life and love for my children will never lessen; it is unconditional.

This is something Russ Nelson and other Mormons don't believe in: "unconditional love". Yet, it is the basis of Christianity. It is the foundation of families, and happiness, and survival of the individual and the species.

Love is my new religion, and it's much more complex and difficult to analyze than fake history, myths, and superstitions and Gods and magical beings. Love is real, and it might take me another lifetime to understand it.

What fun it is to investigate, though! I hope you find it LR--but as is often the case, you already have it! I know you have love here on RFM!

Date: December 30, 2018 08:40AM

Communicating superbly is a talent you've honed very well. I enjoy anyone who can think clearly, then deliver a finished line. This morning I listened to a Google Talk by John Doerr, and his flawless articulation and pleasant voice caused me such distraction that I had to re-hear it!

I re-read your post because it was so filled with detail and passion, and some expressions simply deserve to be better absorbed.

Thank you for the lifelong striving that has made you so skillful.

I hope you and each of the contributors here enjoy a wonderful year.

https://inspiremetoday.com

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 07:24PM

Most? Hmmmm.....

Beauty Truth Goodness

Still.

I try to embody this fascination by running, reading and writing.

Human

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.